Tuesday 17 June 2008

Second Life take 1

Tony Karrer recently published a comprehensive list of Second Life Learning Videos.

After viewing three, curiosity got the better of me. So... I now have a Second Life account and have downloaded, installed and started (or almost) the program.

Only problem: my home PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I do only have 256 Mb of RAM. Ouch. Of course, it does date back to dinosaur era (i.e. ~2002), which explains why it's so outdated.

[EDIT: 2008-06-19]
I did try this again at home in the hopes it may have been a one-off, but no luck, it crashed again.
[/EDIT]

With a bit of luck, I shall be able to pursue this experiment over my lunch hour tomorrow! More news then...

No comments:

Online Marketing
Add blog to our blog directory blog search directory Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory